Friday, April 8, 2011

The black and white cookie

Although I am a live in the country and breathe the fresh air kind of girl, I must confess a love of all things New York City.  Broadway, shopping, incredible restaurants, Central Park...the list goes on and on.  One thing I always do while in the city, is to stop by a deli or bakery and get some black and white cookies (one for immediate consumption and several for the gang at home).  For those of you who are uninitiated in the black and white, it is a large round cookie with a slight lemon flavor.  Half is iced in white frosting and half in chocolate.  It is sublime.  I decided to do my own take on the black and white -NYC meets south central Pennysylvania.  It was my first venture into making my royal icing chocolate, and I was unsure of how it would taste.  All I can say, is OH YEAH, it worked alright.  Sublime.


No comments:

Post a Comment