Monday, May 9, 2011

More vintage jewelry cookies



Most of my vintage jewelry collection comes from my grandmother and great aunt.  Above are a few of my favorite pieces with some cookies and candy thrown in.  At a glance it is difficult to tell which is which.  The idea of candy "jewels" has intrigued me for some time now, but I really couldn't figure out a way to make them.  A trip to the grocery store candy isle led me to rock candy on a stick.



Armed with dragees, luster dust, rock candy, and a mallet, I proceeded to make to make jewelry.  The cameos are pretty straightforward, using a chocolate mold and pearl dragees.



The "aquamarine" ring and earrings were made with blue rock candy, a life saver painted with silver luster dust, and little cookies.




The brooch and earrings were also cookies with dragees and pink rock candy.




If you think I am exaggerating the size of vintage earrings, check these out.



If you ever want to get cranky in a hurry, wear a pair of these medieval torture devices earrings with a pair of tight jeans.  Anyway, here is another look at my edible jewelry.




And another look at some of my real jewelry, just because its pretty and fun.




Today I am linking up with
Heck Fridays
Sweet as Sugar
Wow me Wednesday
Blue Monday
Just something I whipped up
Craftastic Monday
Pink Saturday

17 comments:

  1. Fascinating work! I'd never have thought to make cookies out of jewelry. I'm sharing some handmade eye candy too for Blue Monday. Have a good week!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. st lost a favorite sentimental cameo earring! I am so sad! But I love the jewelry and my son Nick and I love the rock candy at the Cracker Barrel! Nothing like a little pure sugar to get you moving! It is so pretty and sparkly though. Love all these creations. Enjoy the Blue Monday! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wear BIG earrings! I love those blues!

    Happy Blue Monday, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of candy jewelry! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I want to tell you that I love the title of your blog. The work that you are doing is so unique and interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blue post!

    Please drop by at my BLUE, when you have time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING! So realistic and beautiful. I'd love for you to links these to my Craftastic Monday party (its open until Thursday):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful thank you for sharing! I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too!

    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How different!! Another thing.. no calories!! Cute, cute idea. What about your plate? It is gorgeous.
    I'm your newest follower.
    Have a great day,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a talent you have..this would go so nice with a tea party of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen such beautiful cookies, well done! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are lovely cookies! I would probably just be looking at them the whole time coz they're too pretty to be eaten :D


    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is a neat idea. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun!! Have I "followed" yet?? Gotta check...you always have such great ideas!

    HaPpY (late) pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cookies are almost too beautiful to eat - almost! Thanks for sharing. I am visiting from Heck Fridays. I am your newest follower. Come over to Greetings From the Asylum and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete