Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A sneek peek of bird tablescape

Just a couple of quick pictures to let you know what I have been up to the past couple of days.  My finch cookies are baked and decorated. 



The eastern finch is the state bird of Iowa (native Iowan here!) and I love watching them at my bird feeder because I adore their bright yellow color. 

I also turned a sad situation into something fun. 




A weeping pussy willow that I planted last year didn't survive.  Last summers extreme heat and drought really took a toll.  As I watched my husband dig it out and prepare to throw it on the lawn waste pile, I had an idea.  All it took was a saw and a can of nickel colored paint from Walmart.  Add some bright callibrachoa, and here is what I got.




My birdies are going to take flight in this darling centerpiece, but stay tuned because there are going to be some surprises!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. I keep telling your daughter that someday we are going to see you on television!!!

    ReplyDelete