Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alice in Wonderland and special friends

This story intertwines two lovely girls.  The first girl is named Brooke, and she is my son's girlfriend.  She gave me this dear antique teacup for my birthday.




Isn't she a sweetheart?



And here she is with number four son, Alec.




I know, totally cute, but there's more.  Brooke loves to bake, and here is an example of some cookies she has done. 




And here is a rose cake inspired by Amanda at I am Baker



Can you imagine what she is going to be doing in a few years?  Look out baking world!  Brooke was one of my first followers and I love her feedback on my projects as well as seeing what she had been up to in the kitchen.  Naturally, I was anxious to make teacup cookies using the vintage teacup she gave me as a model.




Enter second lovely girl.  My husband's sister called and asked if I could do some Alice in Wonderland cookies for her daughter Mary's birthday.  She specifically wanted the Cheshire Cat ala Disney style.  That was fine except for one problem - I didn't have a cat cookie cutter other than a skinny arched back halloween version.  No time to order one, so I had to freestyle it and hope for the best. 





He's kind of cute!  As long as I'm at it, I may as well make some little rabbits and flowers.



Not trying to be rude with the eat me cookies.  I just wanted to do a quote from Alice in Wonderland and "Off with her head" and "It's getting curiouser and curiouser" wouldn't fit unless I made a REALLY BIG cookie...




Boy, do I ever wish I had made these cookies in time for A Fanciful Twist's Mad Tea Party!  Maybe next year I will have the whole crew baked and ready for this fabulous event.  I really want to have my own little tea party with these today, but it will have to wait for tomorrow. So, thank you Brooke and happy birthday Mary - you really made my enchanted oven feel... well, ENCHANTED!


Link parties:

16 comments:

  1. i'm so glad i'm the first to comment! plus the fact that i'm in it, thats awesome! as are the cookies, the flowers & teacups are so pretty. & the cat looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would love this!!! I will have to show her! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!!! I would love if you would come by my blog today or tomorrow morning and link this up to my Delicately Constructed party!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cookies are AMAZING! Wow.
    love the Cheshire cat!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how gorgeous all the cookies are, just exquisite, and the rose cake is breathtaking.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Blogger is having problems this morning again. Let me try one more time!)

    Brooke is very talented and an inspiration (love the tea cup and the cookies). Love your Alice cookies. They are too wonderful to eat!!!!! Have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly enchanted..................I wish I lived close to you so you could teach me cookie decorating......*me pouting*. These are so lovely!!!! Do you collect teacups Lisa???? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies are fabulous!!! My daughter LOVES Alice in Wonderland! Brooke makes awesome cookies too. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies are impressive! I love your freehand Cheshire cat! I would love a post on how to make a freestyle cookie.
    They look like a high end bakery confection, and are so full of creativity!
    I am very inspired... all I need are some easy to follow instructions, hint hint!
    Thank you for bringing your flare and great party idea to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    Yvonnne

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply amazing!!! I love them and every little detail. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally amazed by your cookies; both yours and Brooke's! I love whimsy and these are perfect. Love your pretty teacup too. Thank you for sharing these with Tea Time and have a delightful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those cookies! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so WONDERFUL!! Lucky YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here i am drooling. I want a cookie so bad now

    Janice

    ReplyDelete