Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vive la France cookies part one

So, a few changes in regard to my blog. 
Change #1:  I have added a wedding inspiration page!  I think cookies are the perfect wedding favor, addition to dessert table, or way to ask a friend to be a bridesmaid, don't you?

Change #2:  I have cleaned up my sidebar.  Too much stuff, and I hate clutter.  I was also set to do advertising,  and I have changed my mind.  No ads, no awards -  no nothing except a list of great blogs I follow, MY followers, and that is about it.  I really want my blog to be focused on my baking, and to that end...

Change #3:  Waaaaaaaay fewer link parties.  They are fun but take a lot of time - time I should spend in the kitchen if you know what I mean.  They are great for building readership, but I really write this blog for myself.  It is a journal of sorts, and in the midst of new blogger excitement, I think I lost some of that feeling.  I really hope all of you keep reading, and commenting, and following me because I love all 146 of you!

Change #4:  Well, its not really a change, but rather a pledge.  I will continue to not use the terms "easy peasy" or "cutie patooty".  Ever.  Under even the cutest circumstances.  Oh yeah,  and I will never tell you something is easy if it isn't.  If I struggle with something, you will know it. 

Ah, now I feel better.  On to the baking!


Naturally,  I would have to do this cookie theme post Bastille Day.  Better late than never, right?  This will be my theme for the week, and I'm already having a very good time.  Lots of research and baking and decorating and ordering new cookie cutters and drinking champagne...hmmmm, maybe every week should be French week.  I actually made a bunch of cookies for Brooke's French class for the end of year, but was in such a huge rush, I didn't have time to take pictures of them.  I also made French cookies in honor of the Philadelphia Flower Show back in March.  Once again, didn't take the time to photograph.  So here we go, Francophiles - THIS TIME I AM TAKING PICTURES!

I thought it appropriate to begin with the most iconic symbol of Paris, the eiffel tower. 




And I'm kind of proud of myself for resisting the nearly overwhelming urge to use pink icing.  Pink would have been very nice, but I am loving the aqua.  For some reason, I seem to enjoy doing really detailed piping work.  The more lines or squiggles, the better. 

Speaking of detailed piping, my French inspired chandeliers had me almost popping a blood vessel in my head. 



Worth the effort, though.  I am crazy about crystal chandeliers and would put them in the garage if I could.  I have these nifty little magnetic crystals that attach onto a chandelier to change out its look.  Red, black, orange, green, pink - whoever thought this one up was genius.  I got mine at Hobby Lobby - I highly recommend them if you love crystal and, like me, have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to changing decor for the seasons.

So this is day one in France at The Enchanted Oven.  I have lots more pretties to come, so keep checking back this week.  Here's a little hint, there is some champagne involved both in image and flavoring!  In the words of my hero The Barefoot Contessa, "how bad can that be"?



Au revoir!
My streamlined list of blog parties:
Savvy Southern Style
A Stroll Thru Life
Sweetology 101
Mod Mix Monday
Wickedly Crafty Saturday
StoneGable
Diddle Dattle

12 comments:

  1. oh Lisa...your post is so fantastic! I echo your sentiments...I have been overwhelmed lately with linking up etc...YOUR blog is where I go to get inspiration. These cookies are tres magnifique and somewhat cutie patootie! HAHAHAHA! The chandeliers...Oh my gosh! The Efiel tower..R U SERIOUS. I hope you still link up to Tea Party Tuesday...you dont have to put up a link back to your blog at all..I understand the time crunch buddy! NO worries, I just love seeing your sweets! Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those look so wickedly French & yummy!
    I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-are-back_23.html
    Linking is open until Monday at 11pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa - I found your blog at StoneGable this morning and just had to come to visit. I admire your refocusing on what your blog is really about. It's so easy to get caught up in all the other stuff. I LOVE all things French and think your cookies are tre chic. I have the Eiffel Tower cookie cutter but have yet to make them. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give that cutter a try Cathy. I think you will find it easier to do than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you ever eat these. I think they belong on little art stands decorating a bookshelf or table top. On second thought, I bet they are delicious too!
    What culinary art!
    Thanks for bringing your chic cookies and self to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    I am so glad that when you were wisely changing some things on your blog that OTMM was still in!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! love the blue too! I would love for you to share this at my linky party starting Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh, these are amazing! & i remember the ones you made for my french class, everyone was so impressed & LOVED them. they were so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...my gosh look how fabulous these are! Loved your comment today on my blog. You don't have to have a before to link up your bathroom redo. Just show us the finished room. Actually, I'd love it if you linked up these cookies as they are inspired by decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word...I love these cookies!
    I am good with all your "changes"! :)
    I am also getting to the point in my blogging that I feel I may want to Change things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Amazing post! Thanks for sharing!
    Friend, I would love to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh la la! J'adore your little frenchy cookies. Love everything french and this is my favorite color! Sooo pretty!

    Happy Tea Tuesday!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That must have taken very still hands! Looks beautiful that i would frame it instead of eating it!

    Come link this up at my woot woot wednesdays!
    www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete