Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I am a huge fan of Charles Schultz and the Peanuts gang, so of course I couldn't let Christmas go by without making some Charlie Brown's Christmas cookies.

While I was decorating them, I realized that I have learned quite a lot about the holiday from old Chuck and the gang.

Lesson number one comes from Charlie Brown: Don't let the commercial side of Christmas get the upper hand.





Lesson number two from the thumb sucking philosopher Linus: Take time to ponder the season.






Lesson number three from Snoopy:  After decorating the house, take a nap.






Lesson number four from Lucy Van Pelt:  If you feel depressed at the holidays, get involved and help others.  The doctor is in, so that will be five cents please.






Lesson number five again comes from Snoopy:  Let loose and have some fun (especially if you are listening to Vince Guaraldi!).






Lesson number six is from the whole gang: Sing with joy.






Lesson number seven:  LOVE can transform anything .






And the final and most important lesson from Linus:  Remember the true meaning of Christmas.






"And that's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown".




Linking with

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, these are the sweetest little cookies ever and I LOVE the Peanuts gang, but I swear to you I couldn't eat them. They are works of art and so very special. I mean how could you eat Linus? Thank you for showing them to us -- such a treat and I loved reading your cooking baking tips and no I didn't know there was white food coloring! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas ... I have to watch it every year at least once. You are a cookie making fiend! :D :D :D Happy Seasonal Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Lisa, the cookies are so fabulous but I have to say I love love love how you wove them into some very thoughtful wisdom. I enjoyed this very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you always amaze me with your beautiful cookies! I love anything Charlie Brown!! Fabulous job my dear!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete