Friday, December 16, 2011

How the Grinch Stole Christmas




The Dr. Seuss character we all love to hate.






Really, who could be mean to little Cindy Lou Who?






I have to say, my favorite character  was the Grinch's poor dog Max.






Someone call PETA!

I swear, I know exactly how his head feels...

Oh what a DIRTY SCOUNDREL that Grinch is - until....he finally sees the light.










"Maybe Christmas" he thought, "doesn't come from a store.  Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more".

                                    AND IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS,





 I would like to invite you to learn more about Be the Match.  Right now 10,000 people are in need of a bone marrow transplant, and only half recieve them.  A few years ago my nephew Nathan was diagnosed with leukemia. Despite having a large family of potential donors, none were a match.

 It was then that I became accutely aware of the need for anonymous donors.  Three years ago this month, my sweet, intelligent, and hilariously funny nephew lost his battle.  I registered as a donor in honor of Nate and all of the incredibly brave individuals who are in the fight of their lives.  To learn more about registering, visit Be the Match and see how you can help.



Here is to letting our hearts grow three sizes this Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. LISA!!! These cookies are fantastic. I LOVE his dog Max too. Funny, Sophia and I just watched this off of dvr the other day and I got so ticked off watching the grinch take the whip to the dog! Sophia even said, 'Mom, it is a fake story..calm down!' HA! Thanks for information on Be the Match, I don't know if I can a viable candidate to register but I will definitely check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cookies - well done! I know the Grinch we both know as war has stolen our Christmases. Your son headed to Afghanistan, and my son already there... It's a terrible way to spend Christmas or any day of the week, worried about our boys and their buddies. Know that I'm thinking of you! Thank you for the message and reminder about the importance of being matched for bone marrow. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful ~ so fun!! You are incredibly talented.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete