Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cookie updates

It was a most successful weekend in my world of cookies.   There were a couple of bumps in the road caused by Amtrak and a broken (and subsequently exploding) suitcase, but we shall stay focused on the positive!









It gave me great pleasure to see Genevieve's bridal shower cookies in action, because I often times don't see the event that I make my cookies for. 






It was a wonderful shower filled with great food and really lovely friends and family of the bride.  Here is Genevieve and her mom Christine (who despite being out of town all week until the night before the shower, was able to host it - I would have had a nervous breakdown).  





And our time in New York City was productive.  The dress fitting went off without a hitch, and we had a  FABULOUS dinner at an Italian restaurant on the upper east side.  I'd show you what the dress looks like but it is




Sorry Drew.

In other cookie news, my dear friend Mary just sent me a picture of her Son Dylan with his University of Kentucky cookies.  The last time I saw this young man he was a toddler in a stroller.  Isn't he handsome?






Happily, the baby boy cookies also made it in time for the shower in Iowa.  I always get nervous that they won't arrive in time, or will be broken.   


These smiling faces are why I


LOVE MAKING COOKIES!








7 comments:

  1. I just want to come sit in your kitchen and have a cookie and some tea!

    These looked great!!!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "top secret" dress photo...be sure to send me the real one at some point because I'm pretty sure you're the only one who got a picture at the fitting. Thanks again for being a huge part of an amazing weekend!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cookies- I love those rose ones around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I am slowly getting back into visits to Blogland,still blurry,and can only be on for 20 minutes a day. From what I can see,the shower cookies look gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. I love the roses. Is that a cookie?

    Have a lovely day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been WAITING for this post update to see how they (and you of course) traveled! SOOO glad it went well. These cookies have been some of my fav's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I love how all the colors blended together for the shower cookies --- yum! Joni

    ReplyDelete