Sunday, November 18, 2012

Candy filled pinata cupcakes

My darling Isabelle and a friend hosted a surprise birthday "fiesta" for another friend.  Of course, I thought about cookies but couldn't find any cutter at local stores and I didn't have time to order any.  
I SWEAR that I see southwestern cookie cutters all of the time, but when I actually needed some it was 
NO BUENO.
Not being in the mood to hand cut a bunch of cactus, serapes, and pinatas, I decided to go the cupcake route.  
Pinata cupcakes!
This was super easy to do, and I think they turned out kind of cute. First I baked a batch of funfetti cupcakes, and after they had cooled, I cut the centers out with a knife.



I bought some brightly colored  candies and sprinkles.



Then I stuffed the hollow of the cupcakes with the goodies.



Took the top of the cut out pieces, and plugged up the hole.



Now all that had to be done was the frosting.  I colored my frosting three shades of festive, and then piped it to resemble the crepe paper pieces that make a pinata.



You can even top each cupcake with a pretzel rod which can be the  stick to whack the pinata with.



And just like a real pinata, when you break it open, you get a shower of candy!



FUN!!!


Sharing with

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is the most creative cupcake ever. love the fiesta colors, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be the creative cupcake lady! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinata cupcakes? Love them! Who wouldn't love a delicious cupcake surprisingly bursting with candy? Love, love, LOVE!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    P.S. I'd love it if you came over to my Sugar & Slice Sunday Link party and link these bad boys up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok Lisa - this is an AMAZING idea - PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT - PINNED!

    ReplyDelete