Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Calico Easter egg cookies

I am my own worst critic. 
It isn't too often that I am completely pleased with things I make.  
After I decorate my cookies I hide them away for a few hours and then go back and look at them, hoping that my opinion has changed for the better.  
With that being said, I think these cookies are the prettiest I have ever made.  
That was humble, wasn't it?



They may not be technically perfect, but I adore the colors and old fashioned feeling they have.




They remind me of vintage wallpaper or fabric.




And do you want to know the really crazy part?
I had absolutely no idea where I was going with these.  
I just mixed up some pretty colors and let loose.




I had originally thought I might paint on them with food coloring, but SOMETHING held me back from the paint brushes.
Thank you SOMETHING.




Inspiration is such a funny thing.  
You can't force it - or at least I can't.
It comes to me at unexpected times almost like it has a life of it's own.  
And I am very happy and grateful when it does  :)

I mailed these darlings off to my eldest son Drew, and his wife Genevieve. Drew is in med school and Genevieve is getting her masters/Phd in psychology.  They have been studying their brains out so I thought they could use a sweet treat.  
Drew's birthday is coming up, and I asked him what he wanted as a gift.  I did a double take when I read his email requesting a knot/suture tying practice kit - I had no idea they even made such a thing.  
Shhhhhhh, don't tell him I ordered it!


22 comments:

  1. I think your cookies are just BEAUTIFUL!!! I know a lot of work went into the designs. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itѕ likе you геаd my mіnd!
    You ѕeеm to knοw a lot about this, like уou wrote the book in it oг something.
    ӏ thinκ that you сould ԁo wіth a few piсѕ tο driѵe thе message
    hοmе a bіt, but instеad of that, thiѕ is fantаstіc blog.
    An excellent read. I will definitely bе back.

    Review my wеb blοg :: augenoperation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, these are absolutely the best I have seen here, and I have seen such incredible cookies from you. I immediately thought of fabric when I saw these, chintz especially! And Laura Ashley. Wherever your inspiration comes from, it is indeed coming from a very special place, and I am glad it found you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.



    Here is my site; playgrounds Gauteng

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    Exquisite!!!
    From the lady with a love for all things Vintage...
    these cookies are reminise of antique wallpapers!!!
    I agree, these are a work of Art!!!
    Thank you for your sweet comment and visit!!!
    I'll stop in for another visit, soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! Those cookies look almost too good to eat . . . almost ;)
    You are seriously talented. Thank you for stopping in at The Humblenest of Mrs V. So happy to have made the connection. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa these are amazing!!
    So beautiful, not just a cookie, but cookie art for sure :)

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    Your cookies are too pretty to eat. They are just exquisite and I can only imagine the time and love you put into them.
    Sometimes on Mondays, I do a post called "Monday's Meanderings". Would you mind if I did a post on your lovely creations? I would need to know a little about you ~ whatever you choose, and I would use solely your pictures and encourage readers to come over and see more. Just let me know.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous cookies. They would almost be to pretty to eat, almost. ;)

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies are the prettiest I have ever seen! i just LOVE them.

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the prettiest cookies EVER!! Each one must have taken a long time and each is so unique. They do look like antique wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are too pretty to eat...you should frame them!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so pretty don't think I could eat them. Would like them sitting in my house
    Do you sell cookies?
    Hope your PS is fun
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa, thank you for stopping by the shop. As soon as I read the name of your blog, I just couldn't wait to come over. LOVE IT!
    Visual learner here too. teehee Love the bunny cookies but these are GORGEOUS! By the way, I agree with you about not inspiration having a life of its own. You definitely cannot force it, and if it comes along with expectation, oh boy, that duo is even worse. ;)
    Happy pinks!!
    Looking forward to visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cookies...too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa, you an a grand artist. I agree with you, you really outdid yourself with these. I have never seen such beautiful cookies. I am so glad you didn't pick up the brush this time.
    Thanks for stopping by to visit. I am a new follower. I think this old lady can learn a lot here.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mouth is watering and, yet, I'm not sure I could bring myself to bite into something so beautiful! What a treat!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too pretty to eat!

    Hopping by from Pink Saturday. Hope you'd come and see my PINK
    Your comment is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Lisa, these may have to be my all time favorite cookies of yours! Each little cookie is a work of art. I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see all this beauty. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by for the first time and have to say how much I have enjoyed visiting! Your cookies are so very beautiful! Such incredible talent!

    Very nice to meet you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete